Community News Editor Wanted
The Tooele Transcript Bulletin, an award-winning twice-weekly newspaper in Tooele County, Utah, seeks a multi-talented, full-time Community News Editor/Sports Writer. Position is immediately available.
- Write up to two sports/outdoor recreation-related stories per issue.
- Edit and prepare various stories for print. Be proficient in writing headlines and cutlines.
- Manage production of newspaper's Hometown feature section, including recruiting and managing freelance writers, generating feature story ideas, facilitating content and coordinating shoots with photo editor.
- Manage and edit the newspaper’s paid items, i.e. obituaries, birth announcements, weddings, missionaries, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc.
- Manage and edit the newspaper’s community events page.
Ideal candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, and be resourceful, proactive and organized. A high level of proficiency is required in journalistic writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, AP style, Adobe software and Apple computers. Please send your digital resumé, references, cover letter and three writing samples to Editor Dave Bern at:
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017