University of Idaho
Student Media Manager
Division/College: Student Affairs
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $47,507.00 DOE
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Manage the processes, products, and operations of Student Media. Serve as editorial advisor to the student newspaper, The Argonaut, and the magazine, Blot. Serve as professional adviser for student radio station KUOI 89.3 FM and Student Media Advertising. Provide leadership, advising and training for more than 100 student managers, journalists, writers, designers, photographers, DJs and sales staff. Serve as a professional liaison with business partners for all entities. Maintain operational oversight to assure that budgets, deadlines, production goals and regulatory/legal issues are properly understood and addressed by student and professional staff. Coordinate and advise the University of Idaho Student Media Board. Serve as staff member in the Idaho Commons and Pitman Center's Department of Student Involvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related fields and a minimum of three years professional media experience.
• Good knowledge of current journalistic practices, correct English usage in both written and oral communication
• Experience in media production/operations using computer software including layout and desktop publishing.
• Experience with web and social media usage and strategy in professional media settings, including multimedia tools.
• Experience applicable in understanding/advising on issues of libel, obscenity, FCC regulations and other media-related legal issues.
• Experience in budget monitoring.
• Ability to act independently and exercise initiative, communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel involved in the unit, organization, the public and other agencies and organizations, and interact with diverse populations and individuals.
• Ability to work flexible hours if necessary including some evenings and weekends.
• Experience at a manager-level position for a professional media organization.
• Experience as a student manager at a student media organization
• Previous professional experience advising/managing a student publication
• Master’s Degree in communication, journalism, or related field.
• Professional Student Affairs/Student Life experience.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP001331P
Posting Date: 03/16/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
The first review date will be April 17, 2017. Priority will be given to those who apply by this date. To be considered, complete the online application, provide your resume, include a letter of qualification identifying how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications and provide at least 3 professional references, including all contact information for the references.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit:jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency