The Lebanon Enterprise
The Lebanon Enterprise has an immediate opening for a reporter/photographer. This position is responsible for photography and writing for the weekly newspaper, newspaper website and special sections with assigned beats, general assignments and feature stories. The Lebanon Enterprise can also be found online at www.lebanonenterprise.com.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field desired
- At least two years of experience working for a weekly, multi-weekly or college newspaper preferred
- Good writing, researching and interviewing skills
- Good grammar, spelling and punctuation required
- Competency in photography, Photoshop
- Good pagination skills, experience in InDesign is preferred
- Commitment to quality in all aspects, from news coverage to design
- Good organization and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with other departments and employees
- Knowledge and interest in the Internet and social media
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to cover events
- Must have a vehicle to travel to assignments; valid drivers' license and proof of vehicle insurance must be provided
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write news, features, and columns, as assigned. Duties also include some spot sports coverage and sports photography.
- Take photographs (news, features, business/community) as assigned and to accompany news stories.
- Update and produce copy, photos and slideshows for the Web site
- Handle electronic pagination design of select news and features pages
- Cover assigned beats. Will include attending meetings at nights and covering spot news.
- Develop/write features and news for special publications, promotions
- Develop story ideas relevant to the local community
- Assure accuracy and objectivity in all news reporting
- Participate in team and continuous improvement initiatives
- Serve as positive liaison with the public
Roughly 45 hours weekly, with some evening and weekend work required. There is a Marion County residency preference.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017