Modern Healthcare is looking for an intern to join its Custom Media department. Modern Healthcare Custom Media is the content marketing / custom publishing arm of Modern Healthcare. It works with clients to develop custom content for Modern Healthcare readers, including white papers, webinars, blogs, advertorials, special sections, video roundtables, in-person educational events, and much more.
The intern will work directly with the Modern Healthcare Custom Content Specialist, as well as within a larger sales and marketing team, to help sell, manage and execute top-notch content marketing programs. In return, the intern will gain real-world, hands-on experience in custom publishing, learn how to build and manage client relationships, and gain valuable professional experience at one of the most reputable publishers in the country. This internship is ideal for someone with excellent writing, project management and communications skills and is interested in brand journalism or content marketing.
- Write, report, research, curate and create content in multiple formats including, but not limited to:
Q & A's
- Edit and proofread content as needed
- Gather intelligence and make recommendations for new initiatives
- Help create project schedules and keep projects on track
- Help create sponsored content promotions, including e-mails, social posts, digital advertisements, etc.
- Contribute to special projects as needed
- Help create presentations and collateral as needed
- Must be working toward a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing or a similar area of study; recent grads and master's students are welcome to apply
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media
- Demonstrated excellence in writing
- Able to work at least 30 hours per week, ideally 40
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Your resume
- 3 portfolio examples of content you've created (published examples preferred)
- Cover letter briefly explaining why you're interested in the position and why you're a good fit
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with more than 25 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a well-established publishing leader. To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the employment section. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.