Discovery Place, Inc. is seeking a talented and responsible photojournalist for an unpaid summer internship. This is an opportunity to build your portfolio at the most visited museum and historic attraction in the Charlotte region.
One of the top hands-on science museums in the nation, Discovery Place provides ever-changing, entertaining facilities that engage people in the active exploration of science and nature. The Museum brings relevant, contemporary science to life through groundbreaking exhibitions, interactive educational programming and hands-on activities.
Discovery Place, Inc. owns and operates Discovery Place, Charlotte Nature Museum, Discovery Place KIDS-Huntersville, Discovery Place KIDS-Rockingham and Discovery Place Education Studio, opening summer 2014.
- Photographing Summer Camps, Museums happenings and special events at Discovery Place, Discovery Place Education Studio, Charlotte Nature Museum and Discovery Place KIDS in Huntersville and Rockingham
- Color-correcting photos for use in social media, websites and e-newsletters
- Maintaining and organizing digital photo archive
- Assisting the marketing team with other assignments as needed
- Enthusiastic, energetic, well-organized, creative and flexible
- Demonstrated skill with digital SLR cameras
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Comfortable approaching the public to request photo release form signatures
- Able to make a 2-3 month commitment for 15-20 hours per week
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree or degree in hand
- Student yearbook or newspaper experience preferred
To apply, email cover letter, resume and 8-10 examples of your best photography to email@example.com.