America Abroad Radio Documentary Internship 2014
America Abroad Media (AAM) is a non-profit organization that provides in depth reporting and analysis on the critical issues of our time for America and the world. We believe high quality journalism has the power to promote the free exchange of ideas, foster critical thinking, and empower self-governing citizens worldwide.
· Research background information for the host, producers, and executive producer.
· Coordinate and book studio time for the host and guests.
· Update and maintain database for contacts.
· Assist with various elements of field producing and audio production.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience working on a tight deadline.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
· Strong knowledge of international affairs and foreign policy.
· Ability to work independently and have a productive attitude.
· Experience working in a newsroom.
· Substantive knowledge of the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia.
· Experience with audio recording and/or editing.
· Experience with photography and/or videography.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Internships are unpaid, though AAM can provide a monthly stipend of up to $70/month for transportation costs. Your registrar can tell you if can receive credit for the internship, and, if so, the number of hours required.
To learn more about America Abroad Media please see our website at www.americaabroadmedia.org
To Apply: Indicate in the subject line of your email that you’re applying for the radio documentary internship and email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Thanks in advance for your interest.