Asia Society Online is looking for a talented social media intern to help create, maintain and expand social media content. The ideal candidate would be proficient in using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, Storify, Flickr, etc. S/he would be able to work independently, helping the online team expand Asia Society's audience on these social media platforms by developing platform-specific strategies to attract more followers and help track redirects from social media to our institutional website (AsiaSociety.org). The candidate would also develop social media crowd-sourcing campaigns to generate content.
• Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google Plus, Pinterest,
Instagram, Storify, Flickr and other social media platforms.
• Strong and fast writing skills.
• Strong news judgment.
• Familiarity with Google Analytics is preferred.
• Basic HTML and CMS (especially in Drupal platform) preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
• Good organization skills and ability to work independently required.
To be eligible for this internship, applicants must be based in the New York City area. Please note that Asia Society internships are unpaid; school credit is available for students.The Social Media Intern is expected to work at least 20 hours per week, for a minimum of nine to 12 weeks.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, résumé, relevant video URLs to:
Producer, Asia Society Online
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.