Ask April Love Public Relations is a strategic, full-service communications firm with turn-key solutions in the areas of public relations, event design, lifestyle marketing, and branding. We deal with everything from media relations to corporate communications, social media, consumer goods, celebrity procurement, and event production.
Are you interested in public relations, branding, or lifestyle marketing?
Do you enjoy variety in your work?
Do you want to learn what it takes to manage client accounts?
AALPR is seeking responsible, dedicated, self-starting interns who have a passion for this field.
The internship will afford you the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business through hands-on experience in a real-world environment. Interns will also be responsible for contributing to a regularly scheduled Creative Round Table during which interns will be instructed to produce a publicity or PR plan to address the unique needs of a client. Interns will play a major role in the execution of this plan.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, multitask, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with senior leadership to produce results for clients
- Compile complete and thorough media lists
- Author and submit official press releases
- Create content for and communicate via social media platforms
- Research and implement initiatives to add value to clients and the firm
- Assist staff in producing and delivering marketing and communications collateral
- A valid effort to FIO (figure it out) and be proactive
- 15-25 hours each week in the office
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- A desire to learn
- Willingness to occasionally work on weekends
- Basic knowledge of public relations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a spectrum of personality types
- This is an unpaid internship
- The gratification of your efforts directly impacting the present and future of AALPR
- Your quality of work could also provide quality experience for your resume and will warrant strong references
How to apply:
Email Brit’ney McTush at Cover letter Resume 2 Reference contacts (no friends or family, please) 3 Writing samples 3 Graphic design portfolio pieces, if applicable
Please make your subject line FALL/WINTER INTERNSHIP 2014.
To learn more about Ask April Love Public Relations, visit www.askaprillove.com.