The Presidio Trust currently has an opening for a Communications, Marketing, and Media Intern position with the External Affairs Department. Interns would assist in preparing communications materials and supporting the department's communications and marketing mission.
This position would last for ten (10) months beginning in July or sooner and provides interns with dorm-style housing and a stipend of $250 every two weeks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research, write, and prepare written content for the Trust website, electronic newsletters (internal and external), press releases, and collateral materials.
• Assist with the tagging, resizing and cataloguing of digital assets, including photos, videos, and documents; assist with updating the Trust contacts database.
• Photograph (or shoot video of) events, activities, and projects.
• Promote Presidio events through postings to media and community calendars.
• Support the Presidio Trust's social media program at the direction of External Affairs staff.
• Support select public events and activities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Teamwork skills, including ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and at times independently
• Experience with digital asset management systems (such as Widen) and content management systems (such as Microsoft SharePoint) a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel; knowledge of PowerPoint and design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) a plus;
• Experience with web, social media, and video editing a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS
Most work will be completed in an office setting, however occasional outdoor activities are required. The intern is expected to work full time, 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. There may also be the opportunity to work weekend or evening events.
Interested applicants should submit applications complete with cover letter, resume, references, and writing samples to Jody Sanford via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here to view the full job posting and additional details about this position.