Are you a driven self-starter? Love writing? Crave experience at an early-stage startup?
Our innovative writing agency creates content (e.g., blog posts, web copy, e-books) for businesses and nonprofits. But we also need help marketing our own service—which is where you come in.
Forget fetching lattes. You’ll have a chance to put your creativity and wit to good use—creating fun, relevant materials that educate readers about marketing. This is an unpaid, remote internship. If you happen to live in New York, there may also be occasional meetings near NYU.
Duration: Three-month minimum commitment
Hours: 10 hours per week
• Self-motivated, independent, and highly disciplined
• Responsible and deadline-driven
• Exceptional writing skills
• Intellectual curiosity
• A sense of humor!
What you’ll gain:
• Possible course credit (must be discussed with your school)
• Skills training and entrepreneurial startup experience
• Ability to work directly with founder/CEO (former Google employee) and receive mentorship
• Likely letter of recommendation
• Possible published clips for your portfolio
• Flexibility to set your own hours
Responsibilities may include:
- Write witty, instructional posts for our marketing blog
- Help produce our biweekly newsletter
- Edit and format blog posts (via WordPress)
- Write and do research for e-books and educational resources
- Aggregate content and secure reprint permission
Social media duties
- Craft well-written updates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, G+, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc.
- Help build our following across platforms
- Assist with e-mail marketing campaigns
- Find and participate in relevant conversations around the web
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to nymarketingintern[at]gmail.com.