Americas Society and Council of the Americas (AS/COA) seek a multimedia intern to work with its website. This internship requires multimedia and writing skills. Intern assignments include, but are not limited to: ongoing website administration and updates; general video processing and editing on Final Cut Pro; photo research and basic image editing and cropping; Livestreaming support; researching, writing, and editing website copy; and some design and layout work using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Please visit the Watch & Listen section of our website for examples of AS/COA multimedia content.
The internship can be pursued as either modestly paid or for university credit. The internship will ideally begin in Spring 2013 and requires a commitment of at least three days a week. Please note this position requires that working in afternoons rather than morning hours.
Key areas of focus during the internship will be:
- Editing and posting videos, podcasts, or slideshows, as well as other multimedia content
- Lending support to necessary online tasks, including coding and editing web pages
- Proofreading, copyediting, writing, and research
- Supporting social media efforts
- Providing support for Livestreamed events.
- Assisting in the publication of AS/COA's promotional materials (using InDesign)
The candidate should be able to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure. Skills and qualifications include:
- Experience in the field of new media, multimedia journalism, video production
- Ability to digitize, edit, and export video content around AS/COA events using Final Cut Pro
- Good English-language writing skills with a working knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience with updating web content using a CMS
- Experience using social media for promotion and distribution of content and events
- Ability to design and layout materials using Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Application Submission: Please email cover letter, resume, and at least one brief English-language writing sample to: dgacs [at] as-coa.org. No phone calls please. Published clips, whether links or PDFs, are welcomed.
About Us: The mission of the communications department and www.as-coa.org is to share news about AS/COA programs, publications, and events with members and the general public, as well as to serve as a forum for information related to the Western Hemisphere.