Asia Society, a prestigious non-profit institution that is the leading force in forging closer ties between Asia and the West through arts, education, policy and
business outreach, is looking for a talented Multimedia Intern to help create editorial content for its award-winning online team. The ideal candidate would
be proficient in Final Cut Pro and social media and be able to work independently.
The Multimedia Intern will be responsible for the following areas:
• Help online team produce rich-media editorial content for our institutional
• Edit and produce video packages.
• Identify newsworthy clips and spotlight the best of complete programs.
• Convert and compress videos as required.
• Help produce content for syndication through YouTube, Fora.tv, iTunes and
other content partners.
• Assist with video shoots and interviews.
• Assist with social media on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr,
Google Plus, Pinterest, etc..
• Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, iMovie and Photoshop.
• Strong video and audio editing skills.
• Strong news judgment.
• Proficiency in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest).
• Basic HTML and CMS (especially in Drupal platform) preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure/time constraints.
• Good organization skills and ability to work independently required.
The Multimedia Intern is expected to work at least 20 hours per week, for a minimum of nine to 12 weeks, at Asia Society headquarters on Park Avenue.
Specific schedules can be designed to meet the individual needs of the intern. Please indicate the days and hours you are available to work in your application. The internship is unpaid. School credit is available.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, resumé, relevant video URLs to:
Producer, Asia Society Online
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be