What are the qualifications required for this internship?
All interns must have: 60+ college credit hours; at least a 2.5 GPA or higher; access to transportation.
When applying for an internship, we ask applicants to submit: One (1) letter of recommendation, a current resume and cover letter.
We are looking for two types of interns
- Editorial Interns (2 positions available)
- Basic news writing abilities
- Basic AP Style knowledge
- Access to a vehicle to cover stories
- An "eye" for newsworthy editorial coverage
- Visual Interns (2 positions available )
- Basic Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign knowledge; Quark Express
- Basic Photography skills
What experience, skills and knowledge will a student acquire as a result of this internship?
All interns will gain a better knowledge of the newspaper production process. This entails multiple platforms like print, web and social media. Interns will have the opportunity to undertake a variety of news coverage assignments, produce fun/interactive designs and create full and user-friendly enterprise news packages for their portfolios.
* Copy editing, content planning and minor design skills are acquired, most notably, for editorial interns.
* Networking opportunities are numerous when working at a media outlet like The Pensacola Voice.
Also, weekly luncheons/workshops will be held for interns where the prior week's paper is discussed and disseminated. Additionally, local media practitioners will be invited to speak to interns during these workshops.
*The Pensacola Voice was established in 1963 to serve as the voice of Pensacola and surrounding communities.The scope of our media coverage shall fall within but not limit itself to community, social, political, entertainment and economical events.