|Date Posted||February 14, 2017|
The Writer-Editor-Producer is responsible for contributing written content for use in AARP print and online platforms that appeals to the AARP target audience in order to support the production of high quality publications and an outstanding website.
- Plans, researches, writes and edits news and/or feature content on a wide range of subjects of interest to AARP demographic for use in print and online platforms.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of subjects important to AARP demographic and applies knowledge to contribute appropriate, effective, and meaningful content.
- Assigns news and/or creative features content for AARP publications and/or website to other contributors as needed.
- Skillfully edits and shapes news and/or creative feature content to encourage readership and have the most impact.
- Stays up-to-date in one or more areas of assigned content expertise: health, money, entertainment, travel, relationships, style; maintains familiarity with and knowledge of where to find expertise in the other areas as needed.
- Maintains contacts with talented freelancers, subject matter experts, and opinion leaders who can contribute and/or write for print and online platforms and utilizes those contacts effectively to solicit meaningful, appropriate content as needed.
- Keeps knowledgeable of changing best practices in print and online content.
- Keeps knowledgeable of competitive print and web content producers and the way they develop content.
- Collaborates to creatively and enthusiastically brainstorm unique ideas to build print and online inventory.
- Constantly offers new, creative well thought-out ideas for content and content development.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge of AARP and its top priorities and goals.
- Performs other editorial duties to produce high quality publications and outstanding website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Focused knowledge in one or several of the areas of health, money, entertainment, travel, relationships, style content is desirable.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a proven track record creating journalism of the highest standards required in multiple formats and platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in print and online formats.
- Demonstrated skill in packaging content for print and online formats.
- Is able to work at a fast pace and high level and is focused on completing assignments and meeting deadlines.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017