|Date Posted||February 10, 2017|
Clinical Cancer Research seeks a talented editor to join our team as an Assistant/Associate Editor.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to defining the journal scope and policy implementation in conjunction with the Executive Editor.
- Assist the Executive Editor in managing/participating in peer-review process to ensure quality and timely handling of submissions.
- Assist the Executive Editor with development, composition, and editing content.
- Collaborate with the staff of the seven “sibling” AACR journals to ensure good communication and promotion of synergistic opportunities.
- Communicate with authors, editors, reviewers, and readers regarding all aspects of the journal.
- Represent the journal and the AACR at scientific meetings and institutional visits.
- Stay abreast of the field and develop excellent relationships with the research community.
- Provide input for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the activities of competing journals.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Expertise in cancer science preferred.
- Experience in evaluating manuscripts during the peer review process.
- Ability to communicate directly with researchers and to translate technical scientific content to scientists working in other disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, self motivated, consistently demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Must be able to travel to relevant scientific meetings and research institutes.
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in a biomedical or clinical science.
How to Apply:
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a letter of interest along with your most current curriculum vitae, salary history, and writing samples to:
American Association for Cancer Research
P.O. Box 40138
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2017